Friday, November 12, 2010

Pentecost 25c - conclusion

Malachi 4:1-2; Psalm 98; 2 Thessalonians 3:6-13; Luke 21:5-19

Lisa and I went to Embargo on 8th street for free salsa dance lessons last night, not that the instruction helped me find my inner Latin. I’m a German. We march. We don’t shimmy. But Lisa, love of my life, was patient and not too critical, unless you count “What’s wrong with you?” as less than constructive. The texts for Pentecost 25c contain criticism for those who can’t or won’t follow the steps and instruction and promise for those who dare to dance. The arrogant evil doers in Malachi are warned of impending doom while the humble are healed. The new song sung in Psalm 98 has floods clapping, seas roaring and I imagine people jumping for joy. The Thessalonians are to follow Paul’s steps and work for their bread, not sit around as idle busybodies. And the promise to those who inhabit temples of flesh and blood is do not be afraid to testify in the time of trial for the Lord will provide all you need to know. Just dance.

2 comments: