Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Epiphany 2 B - Psalm 139:1-6, 13-18

Psalm 139:1-6, 13-18
I’m not feeling very “marvelously made” as the flu bug Grinch that stole my Christmas Eve is still messing with my “inmost being.” Even so my wondrously knit together self is doing its best to overcome the invasion of the much smaller creature that our faith claims was also made by God. I’m not sure which day the flu bug came into being but it was probably the same day the Lord made mosquitos. Not the best day of creation in my mind. Of course the more important passages of this psalm have to do with the One who did the delicate needle work in our mother’s womb and even if we might like to flee from God’s presence now and then there is a comfort in knowing that the Holy is always close at hand especially when our inmost being experiences times of sorrow and suffering and, yes, a flu bug that won’t away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment