Friday, May 3, 2013

Easter 6 C - Conclusion

My Google calendar just told me I have no events scheduled today. I wish I'd known that before I got out of bed. Of course that is only one of four Google calendars I keep and I'm sure the others have things for me to do. I don't know about you but I get messages all day long from apps or services reminding me of things I at one time must have said I wanted to do. Yesterday my running app sent me a message on my HTC One asking if it had done something to upset me and why was I ignoring it and was I ready to run again. I apologized and said I'd run again as soon as it warms up. It made me pinky swear before I could exit the app. In the time between Easter and Pentecost we might imagine the Easter 6 C lessons texting us like the man from Macedonia called to Paul. And on our task list is a morning meeting down by the river to share our faith with the Lydias we might meet. Psalm 67 reminds us that praise is on the schedule of the faithful every day and that praise will be a recurring event in the forever future when the New Jerusalem envisioned by John comes down. And in the Gospel Jesus promises an Advocate that will remind the disciples of everything he said even though there is only one thing to remember... Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment