Friday, September 10, 2010

Pentecost 16c - Conclusion

Exodus 32:7-14; Psalm 51:1-10; 1 Timothy 1:12-17; Luke 15:1-10
I’ve been debating a major change for some time. Truth to be told (by my knees) I should have made up my mind 100 miles ago. Do I stay with the shoe I’ve bought four times in a row - the always dependable ASICS GT 2100 series - or forsake proven performance for the promise of Runner’s World’s #1 debut shoe, the Nike LunarGlide+ with the DYNAMIC SUPPORT system? Frankly, my knees could care less as long as I get something soon! The texts for Pentecost 16c are all about change. Moses changes the Lord’s mind so that the stiff necked people are spared. David’s convicted heart (against you only have I sinned) prays to be changed, created clean. Paul’s life (chief of sinners though I be) is changed so that strengthened for service he might change others. And when Pharisees and scribes change their minds about tax collectors and sinners the carpenter turned shepherd rejoices for the point of the parable is that the lost and stay at home find each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment