Friday, June 10, 2011

Pentecost Year A - conclusion

A few weeks ago I started getting emails from my RunKeeper app. I hadn’t run with the Keeper for two weeks and the RK app was wondering if it could help by offering motivational strategies for getting back on track. If RK were a person I could have told it I was running the treadmill because it’s June and I live in Texas but instead I deleted the messages and changed my settings to keep the Keeper quiet in my absence.  The Day of Pentecost comes as a reminder of all that Jesus said and motivated by wind and fire there was no stopping the disciples from speaking. The psalm reminds us even the great Leviathan needs the Lord who provides for all of creation’s wonderful works. The gifts of the Spirit are given for the common good so that one encourages the other to stay with the program. And Jesus in John literally inspires the disciples, breathing on them the Spirit which is the only motivation faith ever needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment