Friday, December 4, 2009

Advent 2c - Conclusion

Advent 2c - Malachi 3:1-4; Luke 1:68-79; Philippians 1:3-11; Luke 3:1-6

It seems to me that winter has arrived overnight and I for one do not like it one bit. I had to wear a jacket twice this week! I realize this means I’ve been in Texas so long my blood has thinned because I start shivering around 50 degrees. And if I go even half a day without sunshine I start getting depressed. The only bright spot is that this won’t last more than a few days and the sun will shine and the air warm up to a respectable Texas temperature by Wednesday. The lessons for the second Sunday of Advent are songs and prayers and prophecies of promise to warm the weary soul. The less than the best offerings that do not warm God’s heart will be refined and be pleasing to the Lord as in former days. Help is on the way in the mighty Savior who will rescue the people of God from hands that hate and in the light of tender mercy even the darkness of death will be banished. A prayer for partners in the Gospel will be answered with abounding love and depth of insight so that the Philippians will be blameless until they are bathed in the radiance of Christ’s coming. And from the wilderness a voice will prepare the way for the future where all flesh will see the salvation of God. I feel warmer already or maybe the heat just came on.

No comments:

Post a Comment